Shultz Shoemaker Shop
712 South Main Street
Constructed 1827, restored 1978
Ticket required, open during operating hours.
As Salem grew and prospered, the town’s leadership allowed small buildings to be constructed adjacent to larger private homes as a place of business.
After operating his shoemaking business from his home for eight years, Samuel Shultz built a separate shop next door. In 1827 he began making shoes and a few other leather items from this shop.