Timothy Vogler Gun Shop
913 South Main Street
Constructed 1831, restored 2002
Ticket required, open during operating hours
The Timothy Vogler Gunsmith Shop demonstrates the fine artistry of Gunsmithing, including a working forge for metal work, woodworking and tooling. It interprets the important trade of Gunsmithing as it was practiced by several individuals in Salem.
After being used by Timothy Vogler as a shop until the 1890s, while living in his adjacent house, this building had been enlarged and modified for use as a residence. This free-standing trade shop was restored and returned to its original size and appearance.