Single Brothers' House
The delicious sugar cake served at Candle Tea is made by Winkler Bakery in Old Salem Museums & Gardens.
Candle Tea is an annual event hosted by the Women’s Fellowship of Home Moravian Church to raise funds for many outreach activities, and to share the Moravian customs and traditions of the season. It is held in the Single Brothers House in Old Salem,but is not an Old Salem event. For more information: http://www.homemoravian.org/candletea, or 336-749-9463.
*Special dates and times are also available for School groups, Homeschool groups, and Scout troops. Please visit the Candle Tea website for more information.
CANDLE TEA for GENERAL PUBLIC:
November 29, December 6 (1:00pm to 8:30 pm)
November 30, December 7 (1:00pm to 8:30 pm)
December 1, 8 (11:30 am to 8:30 pm)
CANDLE TEA for SCHOOL GROUPS:
November 28-30 (9:30am-12:15pm)
December 4-7 (9:30am-12:15pm)
CANDLE TEA for SCOUT GROUPS:
December 1, 8 (9:00am-11:15am)
Single Brothers' House(600 South Main Street)
Admission: $5 adults / $1 children (12 & under)
Tickets may be purchased on site at the door of the Single Brothers’ House.
Come to Candle Tea to…
- Share a meaningful tradition with family and friends.
- Sing Christmas carols, accompanied by our 1797 Tannenberg organ.
- See how we make the beeswax candles used in our Christmas Eve candlelight lovefeasts.
- Enjoy a warm cup of Moravian coffee and a piece of sugar cake.
- Hear what life was like for those who founded and lived in Salem.
- View the putz (miniature replica) of early Salem.
- Listen to the Christmas story as you view our lighted Nativity putz.