Old Salem Historic District
Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
Easter is one of the most important seasons in the Moravian Church. Join us the Saturday before Easter to learn more about these important traditions, take part in hands-on activities like traditional egg decorating, and more.
- Participate in the Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. in the Tavern Meadow
- Following the egg hunt, hear a reading of Easter Maus by WXII News12 anchor Jonee’ Lewis at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in the St. Philips Heritage Center
- See how Lovefeast coffee is made in the Salem Tavern Museum
- Watch a demonstration about natural dyes and other techniques used to decorate Eggs
- Observe Historic Trades Demonstrations
- Listen to Moravian Easter music on the organ
- Enjoy a performance of Easter hymns by Old Salem’s Singing Sisters vocal ensemble
- Paint your own watercolor Easter Hare
- See the early Spring garden and observe daily life of an 18th century family home
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 336-721-7300