Old Salem Historic District
Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
Celebrate the fall harvest during this fun-filled day with hands-on activities, historic demonstrations, local exhibitors and more!
During the day, you can:
- Watch a cheesemaking demonstration
- Learn about Ginger Pop, a 19th century recipe for a fermented drink like a soft drink See the fall gardens
- Make and sample pumpkin cornmeal fritters
- Create an autumn pierced paper design Assist with the apple cider mill & press Watch historic trades demonstrations
- Enjoy the music of Old Salem’s choral ensemble “The Singing Sisters, ” who will present Harvest Day music in the Saal (of the Single Brothers’ House) at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Special exhibitors include:
- Century Farms Orchards – discussing heirloom and heritage apple varieties
- Judi Fleming from the North Carolina Gourd Society – discussing & selling gourds
- Pumpkins and Indian Corn for sale from Roger’s Trees & Nursery from Lewisville, NC
- From the Vine to the Brush – Learn about the origin of gourds, their uses and view live decorative gourd painting with local artist Leo Rucker
- Levering Orchard apples available for purchase
- Carolina Vineyards & Hops will be selling locally-made aged goat cheese infused with their signature red wine as well as their in-house made Signature Truffles, made with Old Salem ginger cookies.
Also taking place on this date is a Harvest Day Craft Beer Tasting (details).
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 336-721-7300.