Old Salem Historic District
Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
Join us for a fun-filled day of activities involving favorite fall foods from the harvest! Celebrate the fall harvest with hands-on activities, historic demonstrations, vendors and more!
- Hands On Shelling Corn cobs & making a Corn Husk mattress
- See Hearth cooking & baking
- Walk through the fall gardens
- Homowo Heritage Festival featuring African American foodways tastings
- Learn about 18th Century Brewing
- Visit with our autumn-themed vendors: Levering Orchards; Century Farm Orchards; Old Mill of Guilford: NC Gourd Society
- See basket-making demonstrations by craftsman John Wald at Upstairs at Winkler from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- The Tavern in Old Salem will feature bluegrass by The Reel Shady Band in their backyard from 11:15 a.m. until 2:45 p.m.
Activities are included with the purchase of an All-In-One ticket. Tickets may be purchased online or at the Visitors Center (900 Old Salem Road).
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-721-7300.