Old Salem Historic District
Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
Join us for a fun-filled day of activities involving favorite fall foods from the harvest! Celebrate the fall harvest with hands-on activities, historic demonstrations, local exhibitors and more!
During the day, you can:
- Watch a cheesemaking demonstration
- Learn about Ginger Pop, a 19th century recipe for a fermented drink like a soft drink See the fall gardens
- Make and sample pumpkin cornmeal fritters
- Create an autumn pierced paper design Assist with the apple cider mill & press Watch historic trades demonstrations
Special exhibitors include:
- Century Farms Orchards – discussing heirloom and heritage apple varieties
- Judi Fleming from the North Carolina Gourd Society – discussing & selling gourds
- Pumpkins and Indian Corn for sale from Roger’s Trees & Nursery from Lewisville, NC
- From the Vine to the Brush – Learn about the origin of gourds, their uses and view live decorative gourd painting with local artist Leo Rucker
- Levering Orchard apples available for purchase
Also taking place on this date is a Harvest Day Craft Beer Tasting (details).
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 336-721-7300.