History Meets Horsepower™
Celebrating 250 Years of Salem
As a part of our recognition of Salem, NC’s 250th Anniversary, we will present a special event—History Meets HorsepowerTM on Saturday, May 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. throughout the Historic District. Attendees will have the opportunity to explore transportation and motion from the early days of Salem through modern day race cars, featuring Kyle Busch’s No. 18 M&M’S® 75th Anniversary Toyota, and race car simulator. The day will be full of activities for all ages and promises to be an educational and fun event for the whole family. History Meets HorsepowerTM is a ticketed event and all activities are included with All-in-One tickets, which are $27 for adults and $13 for students.
Activities and demonstrations will include a chance to:
- Enjoy wagon rides
- See historic restored bicycles and a wagon on display
- Visit the gunsmith shop and learn how early guns broke the speed of sound
- Learn about clocks and gears
- See various forms of transportation from early Model A’s to Kyle Busch’s race car
- Try out the M&M’S® NASCAR simulator
- Watch historic trades and motion-themed historic demonstrations
- Sample AMERICAN HERITAGE® chocolate
- Take a picture with the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Antique Delivery Truck parked in front of the site of the first Krispy Kreme store, which was located on Main Street
- Meet Matt Murphy at St. Philips, a junior dragster that started a racing career at age six. Matt will sign his book, SKID Kids.
- And more!
Purchase your All-in-One tickets online for History Meets HorsepowerTM online here or at the Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road). For more information, please call 336-721-7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.