Independence Day Celebration
Old Salem Historic District
Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
Join Old Salem Museums and Gardens for an Independence Day celebration. Enjoy hands-on activities, demonstrations, music, games and more, including a moving naturalization ceremony at 10 a.m., throughout the historic district. The historic buildings will be decorated with flags that correspond with their era. There’s no better place to celebrate our nation’s independence than the site of the first Fourth of July celebration.
- Activities Include (subject to change):
- Listen to Patriotic Music
- Play Early American Games in the Tavern Meadow
- Participate in Fire Engine Demonstrations
- Listen to a Reading of the Declaration of Independence
- Make a Patriotic Punched Paper to take home
- Taste an early recipe for Ice Cream Giannini Brass will perform a patriotic concert on the Square right before the reenactment from 3:30-4:15 (rain location James A. Gray, Jr. Auditorium in the Visitor Center)
- Historic Buildings will close at 4 p.m. for all guests to join us at the Square for a 4:15 p.m. re-enactment of the 1783 celebration of July 4th by the Moravians in Salem.
. . . And More!
For more information, please contact (336) 721-7350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.