Our State Behind the Scenes at Old Salem
Learn & Live Weekend Getaway
For the third consecutive year, Old Salem Museums & Gardens is partnering with Our State magazine to co-host an exclusive weekend behind-the-scenes look at one of America’s most authentic historic attractions—Old Salem Museums & Gardens. Participants will check in midday on Friday, April 10. The program will start at 2 p.m. that day and will end on Sunday, April 12. You’ll have unprecedented access to sights, sounds, and experiences at the historic buildings, heirloom gardens, and unparalleled collection of southern decorative arts.
To register, call Old Salem Reservations at 1-800-441-5305.
Reservations deadline is April 2. Space is limited!
Weekend Getaway $745 per couple and includes:
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the Boys’ School, Miksch Garden & House, C. Winkler Bakery, and Single Brothers’ Garden.
- Moravian Chicken Pie (a favorite local dish) dinnerfollowed by special program and tasting featuring American Heritage Chocolate®.
- Hands-on experience tour including cooking strawberry fritters over the hearth, making a clay ornament, trades demonstrations,and more!
- Curator-led tours at the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts.
- Southern supper in the Single Brothers’ House followed by candlelight concert on an original Tannenberg organ.
- An opportunity to take advantage of discounts at Old Salem’s seven retail shops.
- An optional group outing to attend Home Moravian Church’s Sunday morning worship.
- Two complimentary “All-in-One” admission passes good for Sunday or any other day of the year of your choice.
- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
- Two-night stay at the newly renovated Historic Brookstown Inn.