Historic Town of Salem
Also on December 10, visitors may enjoy a special program for children with St. Nicholas in the Old Salem Visitor Center. *A separate special event ticket is required** Click here for details.
Join us for our annual celebration of Moravian traditions throughout the Historic Town of Salem! Historic Buildings will open at 10 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. At 5:15 p.m., we will gather in the James A. Gray, Jr. Auditorium in the Old Salem Visitor Center for carol singing and the lighting of the Christmas Pyramid.
Special activities and demonstrations include:
- Historic Trades demonstrations
- Period Music
- Watch Christmas Cakes being made
- See & Learn about 19th century Christmas decorations
- Hearth cooking demonstrations
- Hands-on Activities
- A Lovefeast at St. Philips Church
- A free concert featuring the Sounds of a Moravian Christmas performed by the Cantamos choir in St. Philips Church at 2 p.m.
- Mule-drawn wagon rides (weather permitting)
- And much more!
Activities are included with the purchase of an All-In-One ticket. Friends of Old Salem enjoy free admission (click to find out more about becoming a Friend of Old Salem).
For more information, please call (336) 721-7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.