Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
All scouts are invited to gather their troop and join us for our festive Harvest Day activities for a discounted group rate!
Harvest Day activities include:
- Hands On Shelling Corn cobs & making a Corn Husk mattress
- See Hearth cooking & baking
- Walk through the fall gardens
- Homowo African American Foodways Tastings (at noon)
- Learn about 18th Century Brewing
- Visit with our autumn-themed vendors: Levering Orchards; Century Farm Orchards; Old Mill of Guilford: NC Gourd Society
As part of our Harvest Day celebrations, be sure to join us for a celebration of African American foodways and culture! Enjoy food tastings of authentic African dishes, African American soul food and vegetable dishes prepared by community garden groups. The NC Gourd Society will have a display of gourd varieties and crafted gourds, along with information on growing your own. The event will include African drumming, dancing, and hands-on activities such as okra painting, games and displays.
Troops can take advantage of discounted tickets by purchasing in advance. Tickets are $23 for adults; $11 for students (ages 4-18) and free for children three and under. Tickets may be purchased online (click blue button on the left side of this page) by October 10.
Friends of Old Salem enjoy FREE admission.
To receive notification of other scouting-related events, please sign up for our email updates.