250 Years of History
Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
“May Salem be and remain a place of peace to His joy and honor.”
Extracts from the Wachovia Congregations Memorabilia, 1816, Salem’s Jubilee Year (50 years)
All scouts are invited to join us to celebrate Salem’s 250 years of history with many hands-on activities and demonstrations throughout the historic district. Scouts will learn what life was like long ago for children in Salem. Be a part of our 250th anniversary celebrations!
- Make your own piece of handmade paper to take home
- Make fire with flint and steel
- Learn about brick patterns and other architectural elements in Salem
- See the 26th North Carolina Regiment in action on the tavern meadow
- Meet the Buffalo Soldiers and learn about the first peacetime all-black regiment established following the civil war.
- Visit the tailor to see the latest fashions from 1760
- Taste 18th century teas.
- 18th century designs with the potter
- See the 26th North Carolina Regiment and Battery D “Reilly’s Battery” 1st North Carolina Artillery Regiment in action on the tavern meadow
- And much more!
Please call 1-800-441-5305 to register. Scouts must be registered together as a troop or registered with an accompanying adult.
Reservations must be made by Tuesday, November 1, 2016 to receive the discounted admission price ($11 per child and $23 per adult). After this date, the full admission price of $13 per student and $27 per adult will apply for the event. Sorry, tickets are non-refundable. NC sales tax will be applied.
Friends of Old Salem enjoy FREE admission.
To receive notification of other scouting-related events, please sign up for our email updates.