Shops at Old Salem Holiday Open House
Visitor Center and Retail Shops
Old Salem’s Annual Open House features special music, food sampling, craftsmen, vendors, and shopping. Stop by to sample products, watch craftsmen create their handmade wares, purchase a delicious Moravian sugar cake, and make some progress on your holiday shopping with unique Old Salem gifts!
At the Old Salem Visitor Center, 900 Old Salem Road
- Taste North Carolina specialty foods from Old School Mill
- Sip tea samples from Twin City Hive
- Watch Joe Candillo as he demonstrates Native American crafts, history, music, and games
- Enjoy children’s activities
- Meet and observe Peter Blum, a local tinsmith artisan
- Learn about the Moravian celebration of the Candle Tea
- Watch German paper stars being made by local artisan, Cindy Poindexter
- Enjoy a visit from St. Nicholas
- Listen to traditional dulcimer music performed by Pamala Branscum
- Enter to win a gift basket
- And more!
At Moravian Book & Gift Shop, 614 S. Main Street
- Sample Still Shine BBQ sauce
- Watch Moravian paper stars being made by local artisan, Ken Manuel
- Enter to win a Byer’s Choice Caroler
At T. Bagge Merchant, 626 S. Main Street
- Visit with and observe local artist Ed Swaim
Additional shopping available at C. Winkler Bakery (521 S. Main Street) and the A. Butner Hat Shop (525 S. Main Street).
This event does not require a ticket and is FREE to the public.
For more information, contact 336-721-7300 or email@example.com.