A Community of Health
Begin your visit at the Old Salem Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road) where you can enjoy a free orientation video and free parking.
The newly reopened Doctor’s House will be celebrated during Spring Festival: A Community of Health. Join us to see the brand new exhibits and demonstrations in the Doctor’s House and participate in a variety of activities centered on the health and healing practices of early Salem.
- Learn about the early Hortus Medicus
- Participate in hands-on activities including making court plaster and herbal tea
- Learn about medical treatments and see demonstrations of both Doctor practices and home health remedies
- Observe historic trades demonstrations
- Stroll through the Gardens of Old Salem
- Enjoy the 7th annual Pottery Fair on the Square *held at the Old Salem Visitor Center* (included with your admission ticket)
- and much more!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-721-7300.