Friends of the Gardens
The Gardens at Old Salem showcase horticulture practices of the Moravians in Salem from 1766-1856, with each individual garden featuring elements and materials compatible to the date of interpretation of the lot. Salem’s historic methods and sustainable practices remain relevant today, and Old Salem’s gardens feature open pollinated vegetables, flowers, herbs, fruits and grains with seed saving as a core mission.
Becoming a Friend of the Gardens at Old Salem gives you the opportunity to connect with others who share your love of gardening and reclaimed landscapes. Membership provides critical annual operating funds for our horticulture program, and gifts from members help us develop compelling new programs, plant vegetables and herbs in our gardens, and create wonderful experiences for our visitors.
Members at all levels receive the Main Benefits Package:
- Unlimited, free admission for one full membership year to the Town of Salem, the Gardens at Old Salem, and MESDA’s self-guided galleries
- 10% off purchases in Winkler Bakery, in our retail stores, and online
- Monthly Old Salem and Gardens of Old Salem e-newsletters
- Subscription to the Old Salem Museums & Gardens Magazine
- Access to members only events
- 25% off one retail item (not to be combined with anyother discounts or offers)
Old Salem offers members the benefit of making their gifts over the course of the year. If this interests you, and you want to make your gifts online, you may do so by selecting “Installments” on the payment page. If you would like to talk with someone about this giving option, please call Kelly Benson, Manager of Membership, at (336) 721-7333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.