Old Salem Museums & Gardens NSCDA-NC Internship
This internship offered by Old Salem Museums & Gardens is underwritten by the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in North Carolina. The internship is directed at undergraduate and graduate students in related fields such as museum studies, American history, historic preservation, architecture, and archaeology. The NSCDA-NC chapter are owners of the Fourth House, the oldest house in Old Salem and was one of the first organizations to support Old Salem as a heritage site.
Responsibilities for the 2018 Season:
+ Activities for the 2018 season will concentrate on producing a comprehensive assessment of the Old Salem built environment and how this environment hinders full physical access for people with various special needs. We are interested in particular attention to ADA accessible ramp locations, and sidewalk & path obstacles.
– Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a program in history, public history, historic preservation, architectural history, historic archaeology, or similar field. Priority will be given to students who are enrolled in North Carolina colleges and universities.
– Responsible, reliable and dedicated to quality of job performance
– Good research skills in primary materials
– Good computer skills with basic office applications, knowledge of CAD or GIS software are a plus
– Able to pass a drug test and background check
A $3,000 stipend is offered. Payments will be paid on a biweekly payroll basis.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest with proposed schedule, resume, Old Salem employment application, and two letters of recommendation in hard copy by USPS, or electronically with documents in PDF to: email@example.com