Old Salem Museums & Gardens to Present History Meets HorsepowerTM
An Exploration of Transportation
News media contact
336.722.9660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (MAY 18, 2016) – Old Salem Museums & Gardens, in partnership with AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate from the Historic Division of Mars and M&M’S® Racing, is presenting History Meets HorsepowerTM on Saturday, May 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. throughout the Historic District.
Attendees will have the opportunity to explore transportation and motion from the early days of Salem through modern day race cars, featuring Kyle Busch’s No. 18 M&M’S® 75th Anniversary Toyota and race car simulator. The day will be full of activities for all ages and promises to be an educational and fun event for the whole family. History Meets HorsepowerTM is a ticketed event and all activities are included with All-in-One tickets, which are $27 for adults and $13 for students from 4-18.
Activities and demonstrations for ticketed visitors will include a chance to:
- Enjoy wagon rides
- See historic restored bicycles and an early Nissan wagon on display
- Visit the gunsmith shop and learn how early guns broke the speed of sound
- Learn about clocks and gears
- See various forms of transportation from early Model A’s to No. 18 M&M’S® 75th Anniversary Toyota
- Try out the M&M’S® race car simulator
- Enjoy chocolate sampling with AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate
- Watch historic trades and motion-themed historic demonstrations
- Meet Matt Murphy at St. Philips, a junior dragster that started a racing career at age six. Matt will sign his book, SKID Kids.
- And more!
Purchase tickets online for History Meets HorsepowerTM at oldsalem.org or at the Visitor Center (900 Old Salem Road). For more information, please call 336-721-7300 or email email@example.com.
About Old Salem
Old Salem Museums & Gardens is one of America’s most comprehensive history attractions. Its museums—the Historic Town of Salem, the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA), and the Gardens at Old Salem—engage visitors in an educational and memorable historical experience about those who lived and worked in the early South. Old Salem Museums & Gardens is located at 600 South Main Street in Winston-Salem. For more information call 336-721-7300 or visit oldsalem.org.