Presidents Day Celebration to be Held at Old Salem
News media contact
336.722.9660 or email@example.com
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (FEBRUARY 2, 2015) – In celebration of Presidents Day, Old Salem Museums & Gardens is holding a day of hands-on activities and demonstrations suitable for the whole family on Saturday, February 21 from 9:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Celebrating America’s founding fathers in February has been a tradition since the early 19th century in Salem. Join Old Salem as the historic community carries on this tradition and celebrates the legacy of the American Presidents.
- Making and tasting a traditional 19th Century “Election Cake”
- Sampling American Heritage Chocolate® drinking chocolate, a favorite of Presidents Washington and Jefferson
- Watching hearthside cooking of an American Heritage Chocolate® torte
- Learning about the election of 1868, the first election where African-Americans could vote, and making your own campaign button
- Participating in a historic vote
- Listening to flute music
- And more!
The cost is included in an Old Salem Museums & Gardens All-In-One Ticket, which is $23 for adults and $11 for ages 6-16. Tickets can be purchased online at oldsalem.org or at the Visitor Center at 900 Old Salem Road.
About Old Salem
Old Salem Museums & Gardens is one of America’s most comprehensive history attractions. Its museums—the Historic Town of Salem, the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA), and the Gardens at Old Salem—engage visitors in an educational and memorable historical experience about those who lived and worked in the early South. Old Salem Museums & Gardens is located at 600 South Main Street in Winston-Salem. For more information call 336-721-7300 or visit oldsalem.org.