Footsteps Through History Tours
For School Groups
A flexible self-guided tour for your group to visit the historic buildings of Salem and MESDA’s self-guided galleries. The students get to engage with costumed interpreters to learn about Salem in the 18th & 19th centuries. Throughout the day students will be able to compare/contrast life 2oo years ago with life today. See attached Tour Comparison Chart for details; activities vary by day.
- Available Tuesday – Saturday (9:3o a.m.–4:3o p.m.)
- Tour takes approximately 3 hours
- Come when you can, leave when you must scheduling
- Visit historic buildings of Salem
- Miksch Garden and House. “From Seed to Soil to Supper”
- Interact with costumed interpreters
- Includes visit to the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA) self-guided galleries
- Minimum to book: 10 students
- Price: $11 per student, $23 per adult if booked and paid with the school by 3o days prior to tour (otherwise $27 walk-in rate). One (1) complimentary adult per 12 students. Pricing varies during holiday season (November—December).
Please call 1-800-441-5305 to schedule your tour.
View our available Daily Activities