Hands-on History Tours
For School Groups
Explore what it was like to grow up in Salem 200 years ago with these hands-on tours for elementary and middle school students. All tours are 2 1/2 hours in length and are led by costumed museum educators and are based on the North Carolina Standard Course of Study
- The Hands-on History tour includes all Footsteps Through History tour activities
- Available at the following times:
- Monday between 9:30 a.m.—12 p.m.
- Tuesdays-Fridays between 9:30 a.m.—12 p.m. OR between 1 p.m.—3:30 pm
- Tours are approximately 2 1/2 hours in length.
- Minimum # in group: 20 students
- Maximum # in group: 72 (per time slot)
- Price per person: $15 per student plus applicable NC sales tax. Pricing varies during holiday season (November—December).
- For every 12 students, Old Salem provides one (1) complimentary ticket for the Adult Group leaders. Due to facility size constraint, additional adults are not permitted, but may enjoy a Footsteps Through History Tour while students are on Hands-on History Tour.
Reservations are required and must be paid 30 days in advance.
Please call 1-800-441-5305 to schedule your Group Tour.