MESDA Hands-On History Tours
For Middle & High School Groups
The Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA) is home to the finest collection of southern decorative arts in the country and is internationally recognized for its contributions to the study and understanding of the history and material culture of the early American South. These new hands-on tours will use the MESDA collection and Research Center to teach students how to use objects and documents as primary sources for the study of history.
These tours are especially tailored to meet the needs of North Carolina 8th grade Social Studies and AP US History classes.
- Offered Tuesday and Wednesday; 10 a.m.-noon for grades 8-12
- Your choice of one of the following topics of study with the NC standards: Free and Enslaved Black Artisans, Native Americans, or the NC Piedmont.
- Directed by MESDA staff
- Group size: 9 minimum; 36 maximum
- $10 per student plus applicable NC sales tax.
- For every nine students, we provide one (1) complimentary ticket for the Adult Group leaders.
- Additional adults $15 plus applicable NC sales tax
- Pricing varies during holiday season (November—December).
Call 336-721-7369 to make a reservation for the tour of your choice or e-mail MESDATours@oldsalem.org.