Trees of Salem Tours
Discover the beauty and utility of trees in Old Salem with an expert guide. Experience an overview of the identifying characteristics and uses of wood by early Salem residents. This off-the-beaten path tour includes over 25 native hardwood trees, as well as other specimens.
Participants enjoy “A Walking Guide to the Trees of Old Salem”
Guided Trees of Salem
- Offered Mid-April through November 1
- Guided Tour led by Noted Author & Horticulturist Toby Bost
- Walking on irregular surfaces and uneven ground (not accessible for visitors with walkers or wheelchairs)
- Wednesday—Friday and some Saturdays; 10 a.m.—3: p.m.
- Tours are typically 1 1/2 hours in length.
- Group size: minimum: 10; 25 maximum
- Tours are also available to school groups for grades 4-12.
- Price per person: $17 per person plus applicable NC sales tax.
- Reservations are requested at least 30 days in advance. No refunds.
- Please call 1-800-441-5305 to schedule your Trees of Salem Tour.
Old Salem’s trees have been recognized by
Treasure Trees of Forsyth County,
program of NC Cooperative Extension.