Scout Day 2019 | Salem Explorers: See a New Side of Salem
Come join us for a day of focus on building and exploration. See a hidden side of Salem as you search through town.
- Throughout Salem there will be a special focus on the life skills and planning that were necessary to build a town in early North Carolina
- The Tavern will prepare an 18th century meal over the hearth using early receipts (we call them recipes these days).
- A quilting frolic will be happening in the silversmith’s house so stop by and add your stitches to the quilt for future generations to see!
- Visit the Tavern Barn and learn about architecture and hardware you will see around the town. Try your hand at creating these brick foundations and learn how to unlock 18th century doors.
- Take a behind the scenes look to see a new side of Salem. Explore attics and cellars like you never have before. Please note this tour will take you up and down many stairs, some small walkways, and dusty rooms.
- Have a picnic and enjoy your lunch on the square! While you are there try your hand at an 18th century games.
- Grab your compass and your map and try your skills at a scavenger hunt! Find clues throughout the town while you visit, collect all stamps for entry to a social. Collect your stamp books from the visitor center.
- At St. Philips Church learn about gourds and there uses by Salem residents. Try your hand at decorating these amazing plants.
- To cap off the day, join us for a social on the Tavern front porch. Enjoy some 18th century drinks and hear stories about Salem play while playing some early games.
Tickets must be purchased in advance to get a special rate of $23.00 for adults and $11.00 for students plus tax. Tickets purchased the day of the event will be $27.00 for adults and $13.00 for students plus tax.
Please review the Universal Access side of your visitor map