Casting Pewter Spoons
Thursday, August 12, 2021 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Timothy Vogler Gunshop
Join us in the historic environment of Old Salem Museum & Gardens to cast and fettle a pewter spoon. Participants will have a choice of spoon patterns and use bronze molds based on Salem originals for the casting process. Register here.
The finishing or fettling of pewter requires hand work using files, nippers, and abrasive papers.
- Class capacity: 6
- Ages 14 and up. Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by another registered adult.
- This workshop meets at the Single Brothers House Kitchen in Old Salem Museum & Gardens, 600 S. Main St. Winston Salem, NC 27101 (meet at the back of the building)
- A personal pair of safety glasses or prescription eyewear
- Closed-toe shoes
- Wear natural fiber clothing as we will be working near a fire with molten pewter.
- Face covering is required for participation in this class.