Request a Field Trip to Old Salem Museum & Gardens
STEAM-Driven Days Field Trip Program Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
Welcome Teachers! Old Salem Museum & Gardens invites you to immerse your students in the STEAM-Driven Days program! This season our students will enjoy a historically driven footsteps tour involving more interactive hands-on experiences than ever before. Our self-guided tour offers more flexibility for your group to explore the Town of Salem and includes skilled costumed educators engaging your students in period-based STEAM Driven activities.
STEAM-Driven Days are designed for 1st grade through 12th grade.
Old Salem provides teachers with access to resources for the classroom including videos, lesson plans, and other student activities. Student Group Tour experiences and in-classroom resources and activities are aligned to North Carolina Essential Standards.
Fall 2022 Dates
September 1st – November 11th, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday
Holidays in Old Salem Dates
November 16th – December 30th, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday
The official start to the field trip holiday season is November 16th to December 30th!
Our educators will include Holiday themed activities into our daily program experiences!
Old Salem Museum & Gardens is closed on Thanksgiving Day (November 24) and Christmas Eve (December 24), and not reserving tours for that day.
Holiday Pricing TBA
Winter – Spring 2023
February 1st – March 31st and April 5th – June 2nd, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday
How to Request and Book a Field Trip Reservation
Please fill out your request in the form below, and indicate several dates of interest. Bookings fill quickly. A request does not mean you have secured that date. Submit your request more than 60 days prior to your desired visit date. Field trips take place on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The Group Tours Office will then email to confirm available dates, create the reservation, and then send a contract with instructions for payment. The Group Tours Office manages all payment.
- Secure your field trip date more than 60 days prior to the desired visit date.
- Payment is due in full 30 days prior to the field trip date.
- Old Salem Museum & Gardens accepts check and/or credit card over the phone.
- Your tour is not confirmed until the signed contract and payment is received by Old Salem Museum & Gardens.
- Old Salem applies a 7% county and state sales tax to all ticket orders.
- Old Salem requires each student group to have 1 chaperone per 12 students.
- Teachers/Designated Group Leaders receive one complimentary ticket admission per every paid 12 students.
- Parent chaperones must purchase tickets through the school to receive the group rate.
Fall 2022 Ticket Costs
- Student tickets, including all applicable taxes: $12.84
- Additional adult tickets, including all applicable taxes: $21.40
Holiday 2022 Ticket Costs
To be announced
Winter – Spring 2023 Ticket Costs
To be announced