As one of the country’s most authentic and comprehensive history attraction, Old Salem Museums & Gardens in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, welcomes your interest in learning more about the life of Moravians and early Southerners living in the 18th and 19th centuries. Old Salem staff will assist you with your article,
photo requests, research, and/or story preparation in any way we can. Please use us as a resource.
Old Salem’s Media Services include:
* A photographic collection including exhibit buildings, interpreters, and historic events, available as digital prints that can be emailed or as slides that can be mailed.
* Professionals on Moravian history as it relates to Salem.
* Experts in specialties including historic restoration, architecture, archaeology, decorative arts, collections, antique toys, and museum education.
* Practicing craftspeople in areas including woodworking, joinery, period food preparation, horticulture, gunsmithing, blacksmithing, sewing, pottery, and leatherwork.
* Access to exciting educational events, such as our annual Archaeology Field School in partnership with the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and our MESDA Conference featuring the most recent scholarship in the world of decorative arts and material culture.
* Superlatives such as Old Salem being home to the largest surviving pipe organ by David Tannenberg (c.1800) – one of the world’s finest from the period, and Salem being the second town in America to celebrate our country’s Independence.
Old Salem’s Marketing Division is glad to assist you in arranging any interviews or obtaining photographs and information you may need to complete your story or project. Please make advance arrangements with the Marketing Office before interviewing interpreters, researchers, or other museum personnel. We ask this so our museum staff may focus on providing the best possible experience for our visitors.
All news media inquiries should be directed to:
Steve Bumgarner, Capture Public Relations & Marketing (email@example.com, 336-722-9660)