Frederic William Marshall Society
Donors who make an unrestricted annual gift of $1,000 or more are members of the Frederic William Marshall Society.
The Frederic William Marshall Society was established in 1985 to recognize and honor donors who make exceptional annual gifts to Old Salem Museums & Gardens. The Society honors Frederic William Marshall who left Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, in October of 1762, bound for Wachovia, in search of a suitable location for the central town. Through his wisdom, hard work, and persistence, the Town of Salem became a thriving community. Many of the buildings built under Marshall’s supervision are still in use today, including the Single Brothers’ House, Salem Tavern, the Single Sisters’ House and the Boys’ School.
Your membership provides funds that help Old Salem deliver compelling new programs, preserve and restore the architectural history of the town, exhibit our internationally known collections, and reclaim and maintain Salem’s heirloom gardens.
Society Level • $1,000
Curators Level • $2,500
Collectors Level • $5,000
Frederic William Marshall Society members at all levels receive:
- Unlimited, free admission for one full membership year to the Town of Salem, the Gardens at Old Salem, and MESDA’s self-guided galleries
- Recognition in select Old Salem Museums & Gardens print and online publications
- 10% off purchases in Winkler Bakery and in our retail stores (some restrictions apply)
- 25% off one retail item (not to be combined with any other discounts or offers)
- General Admission for up to eight (8) adults per visit
- Invitations to Frederic William Marshall Society member-only events
- Exclusive “Behind the Scenes” Tours
- Invitations to participate in unique travel opportunities
* Based on membership level. Please contact The Office of Development for specific details