Adult Group Tour Reservation Requests
Reservations Required for Adult Groups of 12+
Welcome to Old Salem Museum & Gardens! Adult groups of 12 or more people must make an advanced reservation for a self-guided tour the historic Town of Salem and the three self-guided galleries of the Museum of Early of Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA).
Currently, no guided tours are available. Please review our Open Venues and Hours of Operation webpage prior to requesting your visit. Old Salem Museum & Garden’s rotates its program seasonally, and some buildings may be closed on the date of your visit.
Visitors in groups less than 12
Please do not fill out the form if you are in a group of less than 12! You do not need advance reservation.
Day of Visit Ticket Purchase Locations:
- Old Salem Visitor Center, 900 Old Salem Rd., Winston-Salem, NC 27101. This is the best place to park your car for the day.
- Frank L. Horton Museum Center, 924 S. Main St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
- Moravian Book & Gift, 614 S. Main St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
Online Ticket Purchase:
Follow the directions in your confirmation email to redeem your online ticket purchase in person. You must show your ticket to receive a visitor pass to enter the Old Salem and MESDA buildings.
Holiday Ticket purchase link coming soon!
MESDA Connoisseur Tours
One-hour and Two-hour Connoisseur tours of MESDA, are available Wednesday – Saturday. Tours are booked exclusively in advance with Jane Sutton, Manager of Museum Interpretations. You must call her directly at (336) 721-7374 and leave a message. She will contact you with available dates and times for your tour! Please do not use the form below to make a request for these tour types.
How to Request and Book an Adult Group Tour
Please fill out your request in the form below with several dates of interest. Bookings fill quickly! A request does not mean you have secured that date. Submit your request more than 60 days prior to your desired visit date. The Group Tours Office will then email to confirm available dates, create the reservation, and then send a contract with instructions for payment. The Group Tours Office manages all payment.
- Secure your trip date more than 60 days prior to the desired visit date.
- Payment is due in full 30 days prior to the trip date.
- Your tour is not confirmed until the signed contract and full payment is received by Old Salem Museum & Gardens 30 days before the trip.
- Old Salem Museum & Gardens accepts check and/or credit card payment over the phone.
- Old Salem applies a 7% county and state sales tax to all ticket orders.
- Old Salem does not refund tickets for “No Shows” on the day of the trip.
- Students (minors) attending an Adult Group Tour must stay with an adult the entire trip and may not enter a building without an adult.
Fall 2022 Ticket Costs : August 1st to November 12th
- Adult Ticket Price + tax : $21.40
- Student Ticket Price + tax: $12.84
Holiday 2022 Ticket Costs: November 16th to December 31st
Please note there is only a ticket discount for groups of 12+ people visiting who book in advance.
- Adult Ticket Price + tax: $27.82
- Student Ticket Price + tax: $14.98
Full prices ticket costs are for online sales and day-of purchases for any group size.