Arts Alive in Salem
Where History & Art Collide
March 22 & 23, 2018
Special Arts Alive Activities run from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Historic Buildings open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
“Art is the Queen of all sciences communicating knowledge to all the generations of the world.”– Leonardo da Vinci
The Moravians, who founded Salem in 1766, were widely known for their music as well as their trades such as: pottery, cabinetmaking, gunsmithing, silversmithing and tailoring. Music and the arts were interwoven into the daily life of Salem through work, worship and education.
Arts based demonstrations and hands-on activities include:
- Try your hand at making a Theorem painting using a stencil
- Study a collection of early childhood photographs and bring a camera to create your own
- Learn about the legacy of sacred music and its importance
- And many more activities and demonstrations
- Price: $15 per student, $23 per adult if booked and paid with the school by 3o days prior to tour (otherwise $27 walk-in rate). One (1) complimentary adult per 12 students.
Please call 1-800-441-5305 to make a reservation for your class today.